The objectives of the scheme are to:
- Provide opportunities for Malaysian workers to upgrade their skills by participating in training based on high value-added industry which enhance their career development and to earn better income;
- Assist employers to train their workers in Digitalization Related Fields which facilitate employers to adopt a digital-based business approach for productivity growth and sustainability in the market post-MCO.
- Assist SME employers through consultations in the provision of high-tech human resources before the adoption of Industrial 4.0 elements to increase productivity.
- Ensure the Malaysian employees are well-trained in the digital skills;
- Fill the current unemployment gap whilst simultaneously encourage them to enter the gig economy.
The target group for the scheme is
- Malaysian Employees who are ready to embark on Fourth Industrial Revolution.
- Independent gig workers (e.g., online platform workers, independent contractors). Independent gig workers who can truly be their own boss and enjoy the benefits of gig work with freedom and flexible working hours.
- Contingent gig workers (e.g., temporary and on-call workers). Contingent gig workers experience their workplace like the regular employees do, just without the benefits of a traditional job, company benefits, pay and security.
- Fresh Graduates
- Unemployed who are looking for job
Training date : To be confirmed once approved (starting from end of July/August 2020)
Venue : Virtual training / training centre
Training cost : Free
Certification cost : Free
Training Material : WIll be provided